To Do List from Yaniv Fridman on Vimeo.
The TO DO list is one of the most used and powerful self-organizing tools. We use this tool in companies, and we use it when we wake up on a weekend morning. With all of this organizing, why do we often feel like are lives aren’t full of the things we want or hope for?
This Vimeo video clip shows that we need to make better decisions choosing what we put on our list. While this is true, there ends up being a secret to creating effective TO DO lists. You must first create a STOP DO list.
Often, our To Do lists end up adding more into an already busy lives. Instead, we need to take stock of what is going on in our lives and figure out what we need to STOP DOING in order to put into our lives what we want to START DOING.
A STOP DO list might contain:
- Stop spending time in relationships that aren’t healthy and begin to put time into positive relationships;
- Stop watching TV in order to start a hobby or pursue a latent passion;
- Stop lying in bed in the morning when you could get up and activate your mind, body and spirit;
- Stop spending money on your morning java and put it toward a goal;
- Stop being in a job that doesn’t use your strengths and take a step toward the future you want.
This doesn’t need to be rocket science, but you do have to be intentional. What has worked best for me is to take one thing on my STOP DO list and work on it. I have more success in putting a check mark next to the big priorities in my life because I created room that wasn’t available before. What should be on your STOP DO list?